Simi Valley Water Heater Installation & Replacement
Need a New Water Heater? Call Our LA & Ventura County Plumbers!
When you need a brand new water heater installed in your home, reach out to the plumbing professionals at Dutton Plumbing. Our Ventura County water heater installation experts can easily have a new unit installed in a timely manner. We will be in and out of your home before you even know we were there.
What to Consider Before Installing a New Water Heater?
If your water heater begins to leak, you’ll need to find a replacement quickly. While most water heaters will last 8 to 12 years, yours could run into problems at any point.
What Should I Look For When Buying a Water Heater?
- Do some research into the many high-efficiency models now on the market.
- Know your budget
- Understand the size of water heater you require
- Know the size of your home. For example, a small bathroom could make do with a small water heater. If you intend to heat water for the entire home, however, you’ll want a sizeable heater.
- Consider the power source—some water heaters use gas and others electricity
If you’re unsure about any of these specifics, don’t hesitate to speak with a Simi Valley water heater replacement professional at Dutton Plumbing.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
In some cases, a water heater is simply too old or too damaged to be repaired. In these instances, you’ll have to replace your existing unit with a new one. While this may seem like a big upfront cost, keep in mind that a newer, more efficient model can actually save you money in the long run by helping you avoid future breakdowns and by using water more efficiently, thereby cutting down your water bills.
How Do You Know When to Replace a Hot Water Heater?
Like all appliances in your Simi Valley home, your water heater will eventually break down due to age or internal issues. Ideally, you should replace your water heater before it stops working altogether. If you wait, you’ll end up with a cold shower—or something worse, like leaks and significant water damage.
Signs of Water Heater Failure:
- There is a leak in the tank of your water heater
- You can never get enough hot water for your needs
- Your water heater is more than 10 to 15 years old
- Your water heater breaks down often
- Your system is making rumbling, knocking, or banging noises from hardened sediment
- Your water heaters tank has corroded
- Your water temperature constantly fluctuates from hot to cold
- Your system struggles to turn on
Additionally, if the cost of a repair far outweights the cost of a new water heater or you're looking for a more energy-efficient system, we recommend replacement as the ideal option.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Water Heater?
Traditional Water Heater
Installing a traditional water heater can be half the cost of a tankless water heater as there are usually fewer complications resulting in potentially fewer problems to handle.
Tankless Water Heater
Replacing a traditional water heater with a new tankless system is a bit more complicated, unfortunately, so such an installation will likely cost more. At the same time though, there are numerous benefits to going tankless.
If you are uncertain which system may benefit you the most, please do not hesitate to contact the professionals here at Dutton Plumbing. Our Ventura County water heater installation team strive to go above and beyond for our clients wherever possible—including advising you when requested.
You Are Our Top Priority
In our commitment to offering exceptional customer service, our team works with your schedule to ensure our water heater installations in Simi Valley and beyond are convenient for your needs. We can even provide emergency installation service so your home will never be without hot water.