Last Updated: August 26, 2020
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Advertising and Analytics
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you fill out a form, schedule an appointment, make a purchase, request customer support, request a technician at your home or business, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Other Information We Collect When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect information about your activities, including:
- Transactional Information: When you purchase our Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as service details, service price, and date and location of the services.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our website, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from mailing list providers and other third-party sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and to provide you customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Dutton Plumbing and others, and provide news and information we think will interest you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website;
- Tailor your experience on our website;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Dutton Plumbing and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our website;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that access personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, third-party financing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- If we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Services, terms or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Dutton Plumbing, our customers, the public, or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Dutton Plumbing and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interest. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from Dutton Plumbing by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or "CCPA" (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, financial information, characteristics of protected classifications, commercial information, audio or visual information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see Collection of Information above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in Use of Information above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the Sharing of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes: identifiers, financial information, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information and inferences.
Sale of Personal Information: Dutton Plumbing does not sell your personal information. We do allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see Advertising and Analytics above.
Your Consumer Rights
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA. You may make requests related to these rights by calling 855-888-1778 or emailing CCPArequest@goettl.com. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as a recent purchase or transaction in combination with the phone number or email address we have on file.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.