Quality Van Nuys Plumbers
Superior Services that Won’t Break the Bank
Van Nuys is probably one of the most popular neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Known for the Van Nuys Airport, Busch Gardens, and Sound City Studios, the neighborhood has grown exponentially over the past few decades. For a bit of recreation, the community takes a trip to the Van Nuys Recreation Area, where an auditorium and gymnasium can house 420 people at a time. For good eats, Blaze Pizza recently opened a new location in Van Nuys.
When it comes to performing plumbing repairs, many homeowners are looking for the cheapest plumber in Van Nuys. This is completely wrong, however, as cheap plumbing work may cost you more in the long run. A professional plumber from Dutton Plumbing can diagnose your whole system and find the root cause of your problem. The way to properly troubleshoot your home’s plumbing problems is bringing in an experienced plumber who has the right tools and training for the job. The expert team at Dutton Plumbing are constantly undergoing training on the job, plus we load each service truck with all of the parts and tools necessary. We offer outstanding services at fair, affordable rates.
Providing Comprehensive Plumbing Solutions in Van Nuys
Customers ask us from time to time what leads to most of our service calls. It varies by time of year and, especially, with weather-related events like flooding. But overall, in no particular order, here are some of the most common reasons we are likely to be called into action.
Common Plumbing Problems
- No hot water. Some water heater breakdowns are relatively simple to fix, while others require a full replacement to solve the problem – like when you have a leak or rust at the bottom of the storage tank. Industry studies have shown that water heaters typically last 12-15 years. If yours is beyond that time frame consider replacing it rather than face an emergency somewhere down the road. The replacement cost will be largely paid back in a few years thanks to reduced energy and water usage characteristic of newer models. The best way to ensure you don’t get caught by surprise is to have your water heater regularly checked and serviced once a year.
- Clogged drains. Many of these calls could be avoided by taking greater care of what you put down drains — especially the kitchen sink drain, the most used and most clogged drain in the house. Read our “Garbage Disposal Do’s and Don’ts” blog for more detailed advice. Our plumbers in Van Nuys also recommend regular treatment with Bio-Clean, a biological drain cleaner sold only through plumbing contractors, another feature of our Family Plan service agreements.
- Dripping faucets. The washers and internal cartridges in faucets wear out over time, especially in areas with high mineral content (hard water). Sometimes we can replace the internal components but the service dispatch and labor cost of doing so usually make it more cost-effective to simply replace the faucet. Many homeowners replace faucets not only when they break down but for decorative reasons as well. Some people buy a faucet from a home center and then call Van Nuys plumbing pros to install it. This is okay, but be forewarned that in these cases we cannot guarantee the faucet’s performance. If you buy it from us, we’ll guarantee performance and replace it at our own expense if something doesn’t work right.
- Running or leaking toilets. Leaky toilets can cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in excessive water bills if the leaks persist for a long time. If you hear a low humming noise, or if water continues to run into the bowl after the toilet is flushed, it indicates that some part of the mechanism is out of order. Sometimes a little jiggling of the ballcock or flush valve mechanism solves the problem. Otherwise you may need to call our Van Nuys plumbers to replace the flushing mechanism.
- Malfunctioning garbage disposal. This can be a messy headache for homeowners. Be sure to always run cold water when grinding the disposal to move the waste all the way down the drain line. Fats and grease congeal and harden in cold water and can be flushed through the system. Hot water should not be used because it can dissolve fats and grease, which may then accumulate in the drain line.
Keeping Your Home Comfortable for Your Family
As a homeowner, you already know the biggest purchase you will ever make in your life is your home. It is often considered an investment, because no matter what condition the house is in when you purchase it, there may be repairs or projects to complete. Though owning a home can be quite stressful, and the work never seems to end, most homeowners are ecstatic at the opportunity. Despite this, plumbing repairs and maintenance are often required. Tackling this responsibility will ensure the entire system continues functioning as smoothly as possible. To ensure your home’s plumbing system continues its operation on a daily basis, bring in a Van Nuys plumber from Dutton Plumbing to handle the big stuff. Our family-owned company puts you as a priority, ensuring the task is completed by knowledgeable, professional technicians.