Simi Valley Clogged Toilet Repair
We Can Clear Even the Most Stubborn Clogs in Ventura & Los Angeles County
Sometimes, a clogged toilet is really a result of a clogged drain. Toilet drains are responsible for removing waste and flushable items from the toilet itself and through sewer lines. When a clog occurs somewhere in the drain, it can lead to serious problems—like a toilet that won’t flush or, worse, slowly starts to back up and overflow.
How to Tell if a Toilet is Clogged?
A clogged toilet will certainly impact the day-to-day functioning of your home and plumbing system. While there are steps you can take to prevent such a problem, constantly clogged toilets could be an indication of a larger issue. If you start to notice that your toilet is making gurgling noises, emitting a foul odor, or is taking a longer time to drain after flushing, reach out to a professional plumbing technician right away.
What Causes a Toilet to Keep Clogging?
- Debris, too much toilet paper, or non-flushable items have gotten trapped in the drain leading to repeated clogs
- The toilet is outdated and a low flow model
- The main sewer line itself is causing the clog from damaged piping or infiltrated tree roots
- The toilet’s trap has become blocked
- The toilet’s vent has become obstructed or is faulty
If you are experiencing repeated clogs in your toilet, reach out to the Simi Valley plumbers from our team today. We will be able to determine the specific cause of the clog and the necessary remedy.
How to Avoid a Clogged Toilet
Like any frequently-used system in your home, toilets and toilet drains are subject to routine wear and tear. Over time, clogs can occur as waste, toilet paper, and other debris builds up in the pipes. While toilet clogs are not 100% avoidable, there are certain ways you can reduce the risk of a serious toilet drain clog.
How To Prevent a Toilet Clog:
- Never flush any non-flushable items down the toilet, including feminine hygiene products, paper towels, diapers, etc.
- Keep toilet lids closed to avoid having items (such as hairbrushes, children’s toys, etc.) accidentally fall into the toilet.
- Reduce toilet paper usage to avoid buildup
- Conduct proper toilet plumbing maintenance, including routine drain cleaning services
- Address slow or weak drains early on to avoid major problems down the line
While these steps can help you reduce the risk of a serious clog, toilet drains will need to be cleaned eventually. When that time comes, trust your Simi Valley clogged toilet repair to Dutton Plumbing! We’re proud to offer affordable, upfront pricing based on the job, not the time it takes to complete. In this way, we’re able to provide you with an estimate for your service before we begin our work.
How Dutton Plumbing Can Help
No homeowner wants to deal with a clogged drain, but clogged toilets can be especially headache-inducing. Luckily, Dutton Plumbing offers fast, reliable clogged toilet repair throughout LA and Ventura County. Our team is capable of clearing everything from minor to major clogs in the drains of your toilet.