Time To Change Hot Water Heater
When a hot water heater is gaining in years, it can become difficult to gauge exactly when it is time for a replacement. In certain cases, there are no signs that a water heater is running out until the very last moment of its life. So how do you know when it’s time to change your hot water heater? Some easy signs to look for are:
- Age – Most hot water heaters last around 8-12 years. How old is yours?
- Water – If your hot water is starting to have a rust color or appears to be dirty.
- Temperature – Have you noticed a significant decrease in the amount of hot water you’re getting?
- Cold Water – If you’re taking a shower/bath and the water is ice cold without ever getting warm.
- Moisture – Is there moisture gathering around the base of your hot water heater? If there is flooding, or more than simple moisture, it’s gone bad.
- Corrosion – Look for signs of deterioration or rust around the metal cylindrical tank, pipes or hoses.
What should I do if I noticed these signs?
Call Dutton Plumbing & Rooter for a free estimate! Right over the phone, you can speak with a professional and experienced technician. No one should go without hot water, so let the professionals at Dutton Plumbing help you get the water treatment you deserve, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long!
Why Dutton Plumbing & Rooter?
Best of all, we charge by the job, not the hour, and that saves you money! See for yourself why we’re considered California’s fastest plumbers. Our experienced and professional plumbers arrive at your home in less than 60 minutes from the time of your call. We pride ourselves in being Southern California’s best and brightest choice in plumbing!