When it comes to leaving your home for an extended period of time, you might wonder how to make sure your water is shut off while you’re away.
- Locate your water manifold (house front)
Using the water valves, adjust and release the pressure
- With newer homes, the valve may be in the garage
- Turn the water off at the street meter
- Clockwise turn the valve on the top of your water heater
- Also shut off gas to the side of the water heater by turning valve counter-clockwise
For more helpful hints and tips, please visit our blog and website for any and every plumbing need!