Slab leaks are one of the most common types of home water damage. A slab leak occurs when water begins to leak from a pipe inside or beneath your home’s foundation, thus causing damage to your foundation and to the floors of your home.
Since it’s extremely difficult to locate the precise location of the slab leak without professional equipment, you’ll want to call your southern California leak detection experts at the first sign of a problem. Trying to locate the leak on your home can result in extensive damage to your foundation, so it’s best to leave it to the professionals.
Signs of a slab leak
Here are some signs that you may have a slab leak in your home:
- You can hear running water even at times when no one in the house is using water.
- New cracks form in your walls or floor. The leaking water tends to weaken and damage the structure of your home, leading to cracks.
- Mold or mildew begins to grow beneath carpets and rugs. This could mean that water is leaking in the area.
- You notice a drop in water pressure, even when no one else in the house is using water.
- Your water bill increases for no apparent reason. This could be caused by a variety of problems, but one of the most common causes is a leaky slab.
- Damp spots form on your floor or carpet as water begins to leak up through the foundation.
Slab leaks can cause extensive damage if left unrepaired, so it’s important to get the problem taken care of as quickly as possible. If there’s a plumbing problem in your home, call the California slab leak repair professionals today!
By Tim Crain