Ten Common Plumbing ProblemsToday.com recently asked plumbers to share how their clients can avoid some of the most common issues. At Dutton Plumbing, we are happy to help you resolve all of your plumbing needs, whether they are unintentionally created or not. The following are 10 common plumbing problems that require the help of a plumber.
1. Clogged Drain: Harsh chemicals can eat away at pipes, as well as the equipment plumbers use to remove clogs, so contact a plumber for help.
2. Clogged Toilet: You flush, and instead of seeing the water swirl down, you watch in horror as it slowly inches upward. Clogs are easy to remove with the right tools, but can continue to plague a home if not properly handled.
3. Dripping Faucets: Washers inside the faucets wear out, allowing water to drip.
4. Leaking Pipes: This is one of the most common plumbing problems and can cause extensive, costly damage to both homes and inhabitants, so prevention and timely correction are essential.
5. Running Toilet: After a toilet flush, the water sounds like it is continuing to fill the bowl.
6. Hose: Avoid a potential waterfall by having your old hoses replaced with stainless steel options.
7. Leak Protection: Leak detection systems are invaluable. They protect houses by alarming the family and shutting off the main water supply if it detects a leak.
8. Hot Water Heater: Hot water heaters last around 8-12 years, so if yours is original to your 1972 house, it’s probably time for a new one.
9. Garbage Disposal: While it may seem like it will work forever, your garbage disposal will die if overworked or if improperly used. Use only cold water when operating these machines.
10. Broken Faucet: New faucets are often pretty, but having the knowledge to make them functional as well is priceless.
If you find yourself with any of these common plumbing problems, and before you do anything else, contact your Simi Valley Region plumbing professionals at Dutton Plumbing. We love what we do and are happy to help with all of your plumbing needs.