Slab Leak Detection and Repair
Chances are, if you experiencing any of the following, you have a slab leak:
- The sound of running water when all water is switched off
- A hot patch on the floor which could indicate a hot water line leak
- Cracks in walls or flooring
- Mildew or excessive moisture under carpets which could indicate your slab is cracked
- High water bills could indicate a water leak behind the wall or in your pool, plumbing under the slab is also suspect.
How to Detect a Slab Leak
Before you break into a slab or pool deck, you must ensure you know exactly where the leak location is. If you are unsure, you must use professional as finding a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise. It’s not enough to simply ‘search’ for it. It must be accurately detected.
In order to detect leaks in a non-destructive manner requires the use of modern tools. These tools include electronic amplification equipment and electromagnetic pipeline locators – which usually only professionals as Dutton Plumbing have access to.
Repairing Slab Leaks
Once the leak has been found underneath the slab, our Dutton Plumbing leak specialists will provide a repair option. When it comes to repairing a slab leak, the following can be done:
- A spot repair involves opening up the slab at the spot of the leak and repairing the leaking pipe. This option is usually the most cost effective for newer constructions.
- Re-piping or re-routing means replacing the entire line that has the leak. This is most effective for older plumbing systems that have a history of leaking.
- Epoxy pipe coating is applied through the inside of plumbing. This is mostly conducted on a system that has a series of small leaks rendering the normal repair costly.
Find Out More
Find out more about how we can help you with a slab leak or other plumbing problem. Get in touch today.